How to Secretly Verify that a SSN is Legal and Valid
There are many scenarios where you may need to verify or confirm that a SSN (social security number) is legal or valid. Let's say for example that you have recently hired a new employee, but he seems shady or unscrupulous. You may want to verify that he is who he says he is.
Another situation where you might want to secretly check someone's SSN is if you are dating someone you met online and you don't feel like he or she is being honest with you. If you knew the social security number, you could easily check to ensure it is legit and legal.
I could go on and on with situations and scenarios where you might need to verify a SSN, but that's not the point of this article. This is to tell you how to go about it. There are several ways to get this done.
The easiest and most discreet method of verifying a SSN is to use an online investigative service. One such membership is Web Investigator and they will allow you to verify SSN's as part of your annual membership fee. For just $29.95 per year (with no recurring payments), you get access and can secretly verify social security numbers from the comfort of your home or office. These services offer a lot of services beyond just SSN search tools. They offer reverse phone tools, reverse address directories, people search tools, public records, court records, criminal records and much more. It can be an outstanding deal if you need multiple services.
Here are three companies that offer reverse SSN search or SSN verification services as part of their memberships:
- One of the oldest and most trusted investigative memberships online
- This is another good one that many people like.
- This is a membership that focuses mostly on individual records and people search tools
Another option is to use a service like US Search. This company will provide a detailed background report from a name and address. A basic report will cost you $60 and for another $40 you can get a national criminal records check. This is more detailed that what you would get with one of the membership services and it's comparable to what you would get from a local private investigator. Local private investigators will normally charge you nearly double what US Search charges. This is a good deal to get guaranteed results. You don't pay if they don't find information.
A third good option is to use an online private investigation firm like Best People Search. This is an Internet based PI firm that offers three different types of SSN search and verification tools. They've got you covered no matter what type of SSN search you need to perform. Here's a rundown of what they offer:
SSN Search by Name & Address
- This search is restricted to business professionals and individuals with a judgment or proof of reason for request. It is helpful in wage garnishment, locates and tax reporting. This service costs $57 per search.
SSN Verification Tool
- This allows customers to purchase 150 SSN verification checks for for $37. This is a very good deal for small businesses that need to verify SSN of employees.
- This is a hand search performed by a licensed private investigator in order to obtain the most up to date names, aliases, and address information available reported to a Social Security Number. This service costs $37 per trace.
Well there you have it. That's three discreet or secret ways that you can verify a SSN is legal and valid or search using a SSN number. One option may be better for you than others. Your best bet is to decide exactly what type of SSN search you need to complete and then try out different services. Good luck!